BlueBat Games is a subsidiary of global gaming powerhouse Novomatic’s Greentube division. Our white label social casino platform – Greentube Pro – is changing the casino industry! Now, online and mobile players can stay connected to their favourite casino brands any time they’re ready to have fun. Come work with exciting partners like Hard Rock to create high quality digital entertainment experiences!
We are looking for an analytical, results-driven Intermediate Backend Developer to join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals to design, implement and optimize highly available, highly scalable server-side systems for a prestigious, future-forward product. Our ideal candidate thrives in an agile work environment and is meticulous about clean coding standards and stable functionality.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in our Vancouver office, working from home temporarily
due to COVID-19. Relocation assistance is not provided.
- Contribute to the architecture of the solution to ensure it satisfies the requirements, design,
implementation, and deployment
- Write clean code to develop functional web applications
- Troubleshoot and debug applications
- Collaborate with the Front End Developers and other team members to integrate user-facing
elements with server-side logic
- Follow new and emerging technologies
- Proven 3+ years of experience as a Backend Developer in a professional environment
- Strong development experience in Node.js and PHP
- Solid OOP design skills
- Comfortable with data modeling and query optimization
- Experience using JS testing ecosystem
- Experience with AWS
- Knowledge of JS, HTML5, and CSS
- Great collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills
- Quick to learn and apply new concepts and technologies
- Detail oriented and meticulous about clean coding standards and stable functionality
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with microservices and serverless architecture
- Experience with TypeScript or any statically typed language
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of domain driven design
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Gaming or comparable industry experience
- Passion for social casino games
- Experience playing Web, iOS, and/or Android games
What we can offer you:
We’re a small, close-knit team with a very large opportunity to grow ahead of us. Our team truly strives for work / life balance, and we pride ourselves on providing an environment that allows people to feel their contribution is meaningful and valued. Our employees would rather focus on getting a solid day’s work done and enjoy their downtime. We want everyone who works here to live their best life!
Would you like to know more about what it’s like to work with us? Check out our Values and Benefits.
All applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all those who apply, only those actively
being considered for employment will be contacted.