BlueBat Games is a subsidiary of global gaming powerhouse Novomatic’s Greentube division. Our free-to-play social casino platform – Greentube Pro – is changing the casino industry! Now, online and mobile players can stay connected to their favourite casino brands any time they’re ready to have fun. Come work with exciting partners like Hard Rock to create high quality digital entertainment experiences!
We are looking for an Intermediate User Interface Artist with experience in creating game interface elements for web and mobile products. You will be responsible for delivering visual design and UX concepts and final UI assets and elements across digital products and platforms.
Come join a powerhouse team of enthusiastic creatives! Our active projects provide a unique opportunity to gain expertise working on the latest mobile and web platforms, creating beautiful branded experiences. This is a full-time, permanent position in our Vancouver office.
- Conceptualize and create interface designs that adhere to brand guidelines and product requirements
- Observe and maintain brand consistency across all interface elements and marketing materials; revise and reformat assets as needed
- Participate in a creative team to develop highly refined UI elements and user experiences for high profile mobile apps
- Actively engage in creative brainstorming to grow and improve our living products
- Stay updated on the latest developments, trends and thinking within digital design
- Create a playful, intuitive, cohesive look & feel and overall user experience for our products
- Diploma or degree in graphic design (or equivalent)
- 3+ years of experience in interaction design for both mobile and web-based games and applications
- Provide an online portfolio that demonstrates strong aesthetics and interactive design principles in layout design
- A solid understanding of casual games and UI design principles
- A passion for human-computer interactions and user experiences
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Must have strong production pipeline sensibilities: deeply ingrained knowledge of design principles; quick sketching and wire-framing abilities
- Exceptional typography skills
- Vector asset creation and illustration skills
- Receptive to creative direction from both clients and internal creative stakeholders
- Able to track/organize a multitude of tasks and revision requests
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong traditional drawing, color, composition and conceptual ideation abilities
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and have quick decision-making skills to work to tight schedules
- Be a self-starter and highly motivated to achieve excellent results within constraints
- Resourceful with excellent follow-through
- Gaming or comparable tech industry experience
- An understanding of social casino games
- Experience playing Web, iOS and/or Android games
- Knowledge of Animate CC and After Effects
- HTML/CSS experience is an asset
- Creative writing and editing experience a bonus
- Have a passion for making and playing video games
What we can offer you:
We’re a small, close-knit team with a very large opportunity to grow ahead of us. Our team truly strives for work/life balance, and we pride ourselves on providing an environment that allows people to feel their contribution is meaningful and valued. Our employees would rather focus on getting a solid day’s work done and enjoy their downtime. We want everyone who works here to live their best life! Come join us and find an opportunity to help us expand our creative department as we work on a number of exciting projects with strong brand identities.
Would you like to know more about what it’s like to work with us? Check out our Values and Benefits.