BlueBat Games is a subsidiary of global gaming powerhouse Novomatic’s Greentube division. Our free-to-play social casino platform – Greentube Pro – is changing the casino industry! Now, online and mobile players can stay connected to their favorite casinos any time they’re ready to have fun. Come work with exciting partners like Hard Rock to create high quality digital entertainment experiences!
We are looking for an Intermediate Accountant for a permanent position in our Vancouver office. Initially, this will be a part-time role of 3 days per week, with the possibility of scaling up to full-time dependent on the candidate.
We will only consider LOCAL CANDIDATES for this role who are currently eligible to work in our Vancouver office – relocations or remote workers need NOT apply please!
- Month-end and year-end close to ensure compliance with ASPE and Corporate Policies
- Day-to-day general ledger accounting functions, including journal entries
- Perform treasury duties, maintain bank transactions and reconciliations
- Responsible for month-end reconciliations and financial reporting to Parent Company in a timely manner
- Responsible for working with Parent Company’s accounting team to prepare monthly deliverables to clients
- Responsible for annual government filings and remittances (GST, WCB and EHT – Employer Health Tax)
- Assist with the preparation of year-end working papers
- Other related duties and tasks as assigned, including special projects as they arise
- University degree in Accounting or equivalent
- Actively pursuing accounting designation or equivalent preferred
- 3+ years’ experience working in an accounting department, with sound knowledge of full cycle accounting and financial statements
- Must be computer savvy, with particularly advanced Excel skills, and comfortable in a less-paper environment
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently, but also a great team player
What we can offer you:
We’re a small, close-knit team with a very large opportunity to grow ahead of us. Our team truly strives for work/life balance, and we pride ourselves on providing an environment that allows people to feel their contribution is meaningful and valued. Our employees would rather focus on getting a solid day’s work done and enjoy their downtime. We want everyone who works here to live their best life!
Would you like to know more about what it’s like to work with us? Check out our Values and Benefits.