BlueBat Games is a subsidiary of global gaming powerhouse Novomatic’s Greentube division. Our free-to-play social casino platform – Greentube Pro – is changing the casino industry! Now, online and mobile players can stay connected to their favourite casinos any time they’re ready to have fun. Come work with exciting partners like Hard Rock to create high quality digital entertainment experiences!
We are growing our team to include a Senior Backend Developer. This is a full-time, permanent position in our Vancouver office. You will be joining a team of passionate and dedicated developers to design, implement and optimize highly-available, highly-scalable server side systems for a prestigious, future-forward product. Our ideal candidate should be meticulous about clean coding standards and stable functionality.
Remote workers from Canadian tech hubs Toronto & Montreal are also welcome to apply.
What you need:
- 4-5 years of experience in PHP, MySQL, Apache and Linux based systems
- In-depth knowledge of MySQL and experience with database and query optimization
- Expertise in backend systems development: analyzing, building and improving various systems for greater efficiency, scalability and reliability
- Experience working with MVC and OOP
- Experience with unit testing
- Experience in design patterns and architecture design
- Knowledge of with AWS
- Knowledge of JS/HTML/CSS
- Proven experience in working with production software
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent English written & verbal communication skills
What would be good to have:
- Experience working in social casinos
- Knowledge of designing for and managing a white label software platform
What we can offer you:
We’re a small, close-knit team with a very large opportunity to grow ahead of us. Our team truly strives for work/life balance, and we pride ourselves on providing an environment that allows people to feel their contribution is meaningful and valued. Our employees would rather focus on getting a solid day’s work done and enjoy their downtime. We want everyone who works here to live their best life!
Would you like to know more about what it’s like to work with us? Check out our Values and Benefits.